Milkfish Belly, anyone?

20130703-021832.jpg

In Taiwan, much like you can buy chicken cuts like all wings, all legs, or all drummettes, you can buy milkfish belly only- like this.

They stew on a light soy sauce with fermented black beans, and it’s really delicious. The belly’s the tastiest I suppose, because of all the fats in there. The fat is even thicker than the flesh.

20130703-022616.jpg

The fat is nothing to be alarmed I believe, because 60% of it is heart-friendly as written here. I don’t know what the other 40% of the fat is, whether a cause for alarm or not. But still, much better than fat from red meats.

Advertisements

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out / Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out / Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out / Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out / Change )

Connecting to %s